Walk, jog or run 100km in May and help us ensure that every family on a low income can give their children a healthy diet packed full of fruit & veg.
Go the distance this May, join Team Alexandra Rose Charity and raise money to help us be there for families with young children facing food poverty.
We’re challenging you to complete 100km within the month however you like – walking, jogging, running, it’s completely up to you! Does 100km sound like a lot? It’s 62.14 miles, so a little over 2 miles a day. We know you can do it.
Will you take on the challenge?
The challenge is open to everyone, and it’s free to sign up.
How to take part
Getting started is easy, follow these simple steps:
- If you’re up for the 100km in May challenge, please email Eloise at email@example.com and she’ll send out your challenge pack via email.
- Join our Facebook group. Get involved! Our Facebook group is there to support you and keep you motivated during your challenge. You can post your photos, compare efforts and share your success with everyone else taking part. If you’re not on Facebook you can still take part.
- Collect your sponsorship money. You can use our sponsorship form – included in your challenge pack to collect cash donations. Alternatively, you can use the app Collctiv – the app makes it easy to collect money from your friends and family. Simply share a payment link or QR code with them; they can then tap to pay you their sponsorship money.
- Keep track of your kilometres by filling in your total daily distance at the end of each day on your distance tracker sheet – included in your challenge pack. We also recommend Strava, which is a great app for tracking your challenge.
- Pay your sponsorship money into our Big Give campaign. We would be grateful if you could please ensure you pay your sponsorship money into our Big Give campaign between 12pm Tuesday 6th June and 12pm Tuesday 20th June. This will mean your sponsorship money will be doubled by our match funders at no extra cost to you. One donation, twice the impact!
We can’t fight food poverty without your help!
We believe that every family on a low income, with young children, should be able to afford to eat a healthy diet packed full of fruit & veg. That’s why we launched our Rose Vouchers for Fruit & Veg Project, helping to make this belief a reality.
By taking on the 100km in May Challenge and fundraising what you can, you can help children have the healthiest possible start in life. Every step you take, and every pound you raise will make a difference.
You may have questions about the challenge. If you need to speak to a member of our team, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? Check out our FAQs
Is there a fundraising target?
We have no minimum or maximum amount that we would like you to raise. From our point of view, no matter how much money you raise, it will go towards families to access fresh fruit & vegetables.
What is the Big Give?
Big Give is a match funding platform dedicated to making it easy for the people to give to impactful charities that their passionate about. Twice a year Alexandra Rose Charity takes part in the Big Give campaign which means all donations, for one week only, are doubled by match funders.
What if I miss the deadline to pay my sponsorship money into the Big Give?
We would be grateful if you could please ensure you pay your sponsorship money into our Big Give campaign between 12pm Tuesday 6th June and 12pm Tuesday 13th June. This will mean your sponsorship money will be doubled by our match funders, at no extra cost to you. www.donate.biggive.org/campaign/a056900002PokBJAAZ
If you have sponsorship money to pay outside of the dates mentioned above, please pay these funds to www.alexandrarose.org.uk/support-us/online-donations. Cheques should be made payable to Alexandra Rose Charity – please don’t send cash. Post to: Alexandra Rose Charity, Community Base, 113 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XG
Can I raise money on another online platform like JustGiving or Facebook Fundraiser?
Thank you so much for fundraising for us. To help double the impact of your fundraising, we’d love for you to pay your sponsorship money into our Big Give campaign. This means your money will be doubled by our match funders at no extra cost to you. If you choose to use platforms like JustGiving or Facebook Fundraiser, the money comes to us directly, which is still amazing, but you will miss out on the opportunity to have your donation doubled by our match funder.
Do I have to walk my kilometres, or can I jog, run, climb or dance?
It’s up to you! We think most people will walk the kilometres, but if you want to complete them a different way, then go for it! Just be sure to post your progress and updates on our Facebook Group page so everyone can cheer you on and we can see how you’re doing too!
What if I don’t complete the challenge?
The only thing that matters is that you challenge yourself. Do as much as you can. Every kilometre helps.
Can I start late or early?
Of course! So long as your complete 100k in 31 days, it doesn’t matter if you start early, late or need to miss a day in May.
Do I have to prove I’ve completed the challenge?
You don’t need to prove you’ve completed the challenge – we trust you! You can post videos, pictures and updates on the Facebook group though, so we can see and congratulate you on your progress. Sharing updates on your social media is also a great way to show those who have sponsored you that you’re committed to completing the challenge.
How do I pay in my fundraising?
Pay your sponsorship money into our Big Give campaign. We would be grateful if you could please ensure you pay your sponsorship money into our Big Give campaign between 12pm Tuesday 6th June and 12pm Tuesday 13th June. This will mean your sponsorship money will be doubled by our match funders, at no extra cost to you. Here is the link: www.donate.biggive.org/campaign/a056900002PokBJAAZ
What is Strava?
Strava is the social network for recording and tracking activity. When you complete an activity (walk, run, bike ride etc.) it goes to your Strava feed, where your friends and followers can see what you’ve been doing and also share their own races and workouts.