- Job Title: Finance and Business Administrator
- Location: Hybrid role – Primarily Brighton office and remote working
- Salary: £26,000– £28,000 FTE
- Hours: 30 hours per week part-time. These hours can be worked over 4 or 5 days per week
Main Purpose of the Role
We’re looking for an efficient, numerate and well-organised Finance and Business Administrator with strong communication skills to join our growing charity and become a valuable member of our friendly and positive team.
It is a new role and has been created to respond to the charity’s continued growth. It covers a wide range of finance and administrative tasks, including book-keeping, finance and Customer Relationship Management systems, business and office administration and providing administrative support to the charity’s management team.
The postholder will report to the charity’s Head of Finance and Business Services but will provide administrative support to the charity’s Chief Executive Officer and other managers.
Role Profile of Finance and Business Administrator
You will be someone with experience and an aptitude for finance and book-keeping, but also have a wide range of systems and administrative skills and experience. Critically given the wide range of tasks in the role and that we are a small team, you will be someone who is a doer, flexible, practical and happy with multi-tasking.
We are a positive, co-operative and friendly team, and we try to recruit people who fit that ethos and way of working.
The post will be based primarily in our Brighton office, but with the opportunity and support to carry out remote working regularly as part of the role.
We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of the communities we work in and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds.
• Entering supplier invoices including trader payments and expenses onto Xero and enter into CAF for payment approval
• Supporting bank reconciliation work
• Checking and chasing spend items on Equal cards
• Loading Equals cards
• Provide information for insurance renewal
• Pay in cheques to local Post Office
Office Management and Administration
• Collect, distribute and process post-incoming and outgoing.
• Ensure office (and staff working from home) have stationery and equipment as required
• Ensure office environment operates with appropriate health and safety processes
• Coordinate safeguarding training for all staff (keep register) and arrange DBS checks where needed
• Office administration tasks as requested by Chief Executive Officer and senior managers
• Housekeeping of shared folder environment
• Maintain charity asset register
• Coordinate face to face staff engagement (Team Meetings, Away days)
• Monitor and respond to the charity’s main phone number and central e-mail inbox
Fundraising and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
• Work with the Fundraising team to ensure that all individual donations are registered accurately on Donorfy and in line with set timescales
Governance and Meetings
• Organise venues, logistics and communications around Board meetings and sub groups
• Organise internal meetings rooms as required
• Administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer
• Any other activity as appropriate to the role and the needs of the organisation.
Knowledge and skills (essential)
• At least 2 years of experience of carrying out accountancy or book-keeping tasks, preferably in a small organisation where this has covered a wide range of tasks including payments, receipts and reconciliations
• Experience of using a finance system (Xero preferred, but not essential)
• Experience of using a CRM system and working with fundraising staff to ensure the CRM is working effectively
• Proven ability to carry out a wide range of administrative tasks including extensive use of office systems such as Microsoft and Teams
• Proven ability to both help run an office base and provide administrative support to a remote workforce
• Experience of working with a diverse staff team including senior management and communication with Directors/Trustees
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A practical, solution-focused approach to carrying out tasks
• An ability to be flexible and cover a wide range of tasks simultaneously and be able to prioritise tasks effectively to deadlines where required
• A team player who is naturally supportive to colleagues
• Committed to your own professional development and willing to learn and grow in the role.
Knowledge and skills (desirable):
• Achievement or working towards completion of an accountancy or book-keeping qualification
• Knowledge and understanding of how social and economic inequality can lead to food poverty and poor health outcomes, and an interest and desire to help tackle these issues
• Experience of charity accounting or charity sector experience
Please include a cover letter with your application clearly explaining how you meet the person specification and outlining why you would be suitable for the role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is 28th March 2023.
We politely request no contact from agencies.